Experiences


My ISSB Experience
Let's share your experiences with us after giving ISSB test(s). Share your thoughts about discussion topics, story writing pictures, incomplete sentences, questions asked in interview etc. It will help others in preparing for ISSB next year.

Your Experience
" This website is rich with information I really appreciate it, if I could have visited this website I definitely could have succeeded in my ISSB test.

But this website didn't have one thing that is the experience of those people like me who have attempted for ISSB. I mean how the experience was, what did I learn or what mistake I made. Posting such type of real experiences will definitely help those who are planning to attempt for it. Thanks to this website that they have now started such segment on my request.

So I thought that I should be the first one to tell you guyz about my ISSB experiences. I used the word EXPERIENCES because it was not only once I attempted for this test 5 to 6 years back. Initial test were just a piece of cake then I was sent a call letter from ISSB recruitment Malir Cantt where my final test was to be conducted.

Well the first day was full of suspicion as every one was trying to be sober but as the few hours passed we started getting familiar with each other I also made couple of friends who were also my roommate. They spent most of their time in Hanky Phanky but I preferred to stick with books which I carried with and kept of RATTAFYING that who was the first chief justice of Pakistan and rest of the questions like this (it was my mistake as it didn’t help me). Some of the boys were so relaxed that it was like spending their summer vacations for them (in the end such boys got through).

Well cutting the story short I was so confused before the starting of my interview that I even entered the interviewer's room without the proper signal by him (it was like when the bulb outside the room goes on then I was suppose to enter the room). As I sat infront of the interviewer I was expecting the most difficult question but he asked non, he just kept reading my mind I mean checking me mentally. Another mistake I made was answering the question in English… Oh my God now I realize that was the worst mistake. If he was talking in Urdu then why the hell I was talking in English. He took hardly 5 minutes and shake hands with me. Well that was it no second interview nothing.

I also made another attempt but again the result was the same but the mistakes may be different.

So that was My ISSB Experience, I hope you may learn something out of it. "
Name: Ali Khan
Email: alikhan4upk@yahoo.com
City, Country: Karachi, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Assalam-u-alaikum every one. How are you all? I am perfectly fine. My ISSB was from 5 to 9 dec and it was a life time experience for me i really enjoyed it. On the day of arrival forms filling was done .On the first day, from 8 to 10 in the morning was really teasing because of fear of screening out but thank God i passed from that safely only three girls were screened out, after that Psychological tests started which wasn,t that much tough because of ARIF sir's help. You know sir ARIF,as you adviced to write atleast one story on military ,i do that, i use your idea of writting story on great personalities when there is an open picture , That test was a bit tough not because of words but due to time but on the other hand it had a real fun , at the end of the day our backs and necks BECAME "TAKHTA".

oN THE 2ND DAY GROUP DISCUSSION held and was very good ,candidates who are afraid of it dont do that it is very easy, two topics are usually given in urdu and one in English .GROUP PLANING WASN,T THAT GOOD, we coperated with each other in the group but unfortunatel couldn't made a plan.Doesn't matter it happens. After that was progressive group tasks and HALF GROUP TASKS, which were again fun activity but the thing is that you should go with your group mates dont bother any one .On 3rd day individual obstacles started and among 47 girls i was the first victim , i did two obstacles completely and in high jump stick was falling again and again, and when i rushed for the 4th obstacle time ended.

Command task were good especialy for me it was a routine work because of experience of proctorship and head proctorship in college ,but keep in mind that dont stay outside when you are a commander coperate with your mates and stick to your point of view.

Now interview, in intro they ask Qns about Pkistan and Pakistan forces , physics ,maths ,chemistry ,islamiat, your boidata , so write each and every thing true about urself, they ask about it .SO This was my ISSB experience may all others can do well in ISSB , one thing i really want to say that give your best and leave the rest on Allah, if He has written something in your fate no one can snatch it from u. Best of luck to all of them who are applying or ISSB. "
Name: mugheera saleem

Post your ISSB Experience here



"Well as the previously the two members have explained their experience. My experience was not quite change form them. All the tasks and obstacles were perfectly fine. but i dont know that what they were looking for which i dont have, in short i was not recommended by ISSB. I have given the ISSB recently a week ago. My psychological test was fine, group task was fine and command task was superb as i completed it within the time limit. I have completed 6 obstacles out of 9. My interview was perfect. He asked me abt my family background, BPs, Sex, Girl friend, why i want to join PAF, capital of Greece, capital of Thailand, GDP, GNP, NNP, my introduction in english and then he wished me and shaked hand with me and that all. but im not recommended. i think there must be a detailed result should be given to the candidate so that he/she can analyze him/her self. Only saying that you are not recommended is not a proper way. I need reason that why i was not recommended by ISSB so that i will improve my lacking next time."
Name: Awais
Email: bahrian840@gmail.com
City Country: Karachi, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"I appeared thrice in initial tests (twice after FSC and once after BSCS) but failed. Last time i failed in intweview. He askd a mathematical calculation question which i was unable to solve, so i said sorry. He said try again I again tried but again unable to reach the answer. He again asked another question and i aslo said sorry. He aske some abbreviations and i failed to meaning them. Then he asked what will obtain (2*2+2) i said 6, which rule applies on it. I answered multiplication solves first, he said no that is it.... You may go. Allah Hafiz. Result 'Not Recommended'. I think each and every thing was worng with me... No i am try to applying again.... So how i should pass initial test any one help me."
Name: Anees
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Hi: Let me share my wonderfull days over there in ISSB MALIR CANTT KARACHI. I had been there from 28th of Sep till 02nd Nov 2007. I observed that if U are confidenent n can mix-up with ur group so U can be thre part of PAKISTAN ARMY. My dear one thing more is that ur English must be good with some idioms n proverbs. Wish U very best of luck."
Name: Inayat
Email: inayet85_18@hotmail.com
City, Country: HYderabad, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"hi to every one how r u i want to tell u that during ur stay at issb u should prepare ur self more strongly and very important is that say prayer 5 time in a day and say ur parrents to pray for u and try to keep ur self obident to ur parrents believe me the person whoes parents r happy to him he wii surly get success and i m also recommended only due to this reason be come a true muslim do not talk against governament islam and defence while group discussion and be cooprative i want to advise u very simple things and if u follow it u will get success and if passed then pray for me zaroor and when u feel dificulty just read the DAROOD SHARIF and SOURAT FATEH and say help from ALLAH OUR HOLY PROPHET (P.B.U.H.)SAID THAT A PERSON WHO SENT ME ONE DAROOD ALLAH WILL LOOK TOWARDS HIM WITH BLESSING 10 TIMES AND UP GRADE HIM 10 DEGREES OK GENTLEMAN I M WISHING U BEST LUCK FOR FEATURE AND REMEMBER ME IN UR PRAYER ALLAH HAFIZ."
Name: SAHIL
Email: kami495@yahoo.com
City, Country: sargodha, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"hullo! guys, after being thorough study of all ur comments what I feel is a separate story,let me tell u that I am an example that i have been recommended twice so what could be my position that i am not suppose to tell u.Ladies and gentlmen must feel pride that u all are assets to the nation.ISSB, means what?, at times we even forget the abreviation.It is actually an INTER SERVICESS SLECTION BOARD,comprises,members from all the three defence forces of the country i.e navy,army, and airforce.In genral I would say that ISSB is a neutral,transparent,justified,logical,experienced and a dedicated board performing their duties in slecting such a lot of cream out of a huge mob,but very truly and honestly.In my opinion they only need average people,and not below/above average people.here, I will give an example of buying a plant from a nursury so we do,nt by a plant which is not even out of its seed and submerged yet,but we,ll prefer to buy a plant at least have trunk,leaves,and a few of branches and at least 6" above the ground.Generally two gentlemen play a vitol role in the entire slection one is GTO(Group testing officer)&the other is psychatrist,then interview would be a penut if u r prepared and posseses five most important qualities.so asses urself,R U a. couragious. b. adventurer. c. dutiful. d. efficent. e. truthful."
Name: ameeruddin zafar
Email: mauzafar@hotmail.com
City, Country: karachi, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"HI ALL, I ALSO ATTEMPT ISSB FROM MALIR,KARACHI. I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHINGS TO YOU THAT ISSB IS NOTHING IF YOU HAVE STRENGTH, POWER TO DO DIFFRENCE,FERSH MINDED, ACTIVE, AND ALSO SELF-CONFIDENT. I WISH YOU ALL BEST LUCK FOR YOUR RECOMMENDATION IN PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES. BE NORMAL AND BE NATURAL. SOHAIL AIJAZ."
Name: SOHAIL,AIJAZ
Email: SOHAIL_IJAZ@HOTMAIL.COM
City, Country: Karachi, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"PART-1 Salamz to everyone, well my ISSB is from 28 OCT- 2 NOV,Kohat. On the reporting day i was bit nervous,coz that was my 1st Experience...Well filling form on arrival day was quite boring aur thaka denay wala hota hai... On that we chill with new frendz,the MESS menu was superb,and the meal is delicious. So on the 1st Day,we hav a screen out test.By the grace of Allah I passed the test...I thnk 8 or 9 boys were Screen Out... The Psycaterist test was superb,especially making 100 sentence..I made 94 sentences.... 2nd Day is with G.T.O.First we hav Group Discussion,then Military planning....Discussion gonna great...Mind it that after GTOs discussion,a Psycatrist came,and in our room,when GTO goes , he put down the phone receiver,and only we 3 guys watched that scene..They just chk wat the guyz feels after theri discussion..."
Name: Nauman
Email: mnshakil@yahoo.com
City, Country: Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Hello guys Salaam hmmm experiance abt issb iz not so gud bcz after a long hardwork i was not recommanded alas! bt 4om 5december to 9 december i really enjoyed!meal iz tooo much delicious.anywayz next tym sahi!! now its my passion to join AIR FOARCE!bt a hardwork will be need 4 ths!! ill try my best again!! by best wishes 4 every one!!!"
Name: Naheed batool
Email: momo_zahra90@hotmail.com
City, Country: Chakwal, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"ASSALAMO ALLIKOM!GUYZ MA XPERIENCE ABOUT ISSB WAS AWSOME,I NJOY MY FOUR DAYS ASTAY AT ISSB KOHAT CENTRE.IT WAS AN AWSOME EXPERIENCE TO WORK COMBINELY IN GROUP AND ACHIEVIG DIFFERENT TASK GIVEN TO U WEATHER ALONE OR IN GROUP.I WILL SAY ANYONE WHO HAS A WISH TO JOIN ARMY SHOULD HAVE A GR8 COMMAND ON ENGLISH,MATHEMETICS AN ESPECIALLY U SHUD HAVE A NATURAL QUALITY THAT U CAN WORK IN GROUP WITH UR FRNDS COZ IN FUTURE THEY WANT U TO B CO OPERATIVE WITH OTHER OFFICERS ND WITH THIS PROFESSION.FOR ALL THOSE CANDIDATES WHO R REJECTED PREVIOUSLY I WANT TO TELL THEM DONT JUST GET DISHURT COZ GUYS PAK ARMY DEPRIVED OF U GUYS N DONT TINK U DUN HAVE QUALITIES U MAY HAVE QUALITIES OF THE TYPE HAT IT MAY B SUITABLE FOR OTHER FIELDS,LIKE I WILL SAY FORMER PRIME MINISTER ZULFIQAR ALI BHUTTO SHEHEED WAS REJECTED BY THE IISB.WHEN HE BCAM PM HE CALL THE TEAM OF ISSB RESPONSIBLE FOR CONDUCTING IT AT HIS TIME,AND THEY TOLD HIM THAT OUR GUESS ABOUT U WAS THAT U CAN B A GOOD POLITICIAN N TIME HAS PROVED IT.TINK IN POSITIVE WAY N KEEP N MIND PAK ARMY IS MADE FOR U TO JOIN IT U R NOT MADE FOR IT.GUYS WELL MY 4 DAYS AT ISSB CENTRE WAS AWSOME N I NJOYED IT ALOT THERE.U WILL FELL LIKE U R AN OFFICER N IT WAS GOOD XPERIENCE OF BEING AN OFFICER FOR 4 DAYS.WISH U ALL GUYS GUD LUCK N PLZ KEEP ON TRYIN TILL UA LAST CHANCE."
Name: MUHAMMAD MANSOOR KHAN
Email: mansooralhallaj@yahoo.com
City, Country: Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Hi my name is Aleem and I got recommended for PAF from ISSB kohat in May. I was tested from 17th to 21st of may.
You have to do a lot there but three main not to dos are:
1. Dont dodge.
2. Dont be greedy.
3. Dont let the group behind you.
Inshallah u will be recomended ."
Name: farooqshah
Email: vaneza.shah@gmail.com
City, Country: Distt dir(l), Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"hi,i m faizan ali i m recomended for pak-army.in 120 pma l/c but could nt join the same due to ear problem.now i m fit n going again to issb.dnt forget these things befor going to issb that bliev in Allah 1st than ur self b positv in each step of issb.always help others Allah will help u.n when ever u talk, talk with confidenc,mak moral high u will b selected inshallah."
Name: faizan ali
Email: milestonhamza@yahoo.com
City, Country: sanghar sindh, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"AOA!I WENT TO ISSB IN 2007 FOR 7TH AD COUSE,I FOUND ISSB A BEST PLACE FOR A PERSON WHO WANT SELF JUDGEMENT AND IN REAL SENSE WANT TO KNOW HOW TO COME FORWARD IN UR LIFE.ITS A PLACE WHERE U LEARN HOW TO PASS LIFE ND N HARD SITUATION WAT WUD B REPLY TOWARDS LIFE.SO IF SOME1 EVEN DIDNT QUALIFY IT,ITS STILL OK HE MITE HAVE LEARN SO MANY TRICKS IN ISSB ABOUT HOW TO TAKE UR LIFE.BELIEVE ITS TOO EASY WAT U JUST NEED IS TO BE FAITHFULL,COMMITTED AND PASSIONATE."
Name: MUHAMMAD MANSOOR KHAN
Email: DON_MONEYLOVERZ@YAHOO.COM
City, Country: PESHAWAR, Pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Dear Jawans, I am really amazed to see that still our youth is motivated to lay their lives for Pakistan. Its been long ten years that I appeared in ISSB in Kohat. I still remember my vest no. PKWI 61. I joined PMA in 96 Long Course, but due to certain reasons unable to complete my trainning. But indeed I was the part of the Elite Force what you call ARMY. I joind in Second Pakistan Batallion Aurangzeb Company. My ISSB experince was also quite memorable. I remember last day I was wearing Gray Shalwar Qameez with black waist coat and pakistan flag badge. I was one of the successful candidates who returned from ISSB center. Now after more 12 years when I saw your experinces I went into my past. But one thing is veru common that still quick maths, good english, physical strength, public speaking, analytical skills are the key elements fro road to success. I belongs to Marshal family but this not mean that I developed inborn leader qualities. Army GTO only identify leadership skills who can perform best under pressure, if you have the qualities and best fit in the role, then you will be slected. One thing there is no hard and fast rule for slection. Its sheer demonstration of your capabilities and skills on the D Day. I hope my above experince will assist you. Remember my Father Col Osama used to say that Army is the only way of life. You can serve nation some other way also. But I like people who has the courage and bravery to stand for their country. Best regards, Khawar Osama."
Name: khawar
Email: kosama77@yahoo.com
City, Country: Muscat , Sultante of Oman
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Asalam o Alikum .. well have gon through all of u guys exp !!! But my exp is for those who even not able to clear their 1st initial test .. lolz worry not mates theres a bit of life .. When not able to clear initial test !!! i was shokced coz having gud marks in Fsc and test was really a piece of cake still not able to clear.. I thought what will happend with .. I have no futre there is no life without PMA .. OH GOD des n dat.. but NOW exact after 7 years :( working is Brtish Telcom as network planning engr ....earning in lacks ... having gud life .....jst in short .. NEVER DISAPPOINT >> if you are not selected there must be some thing good for u inshAllah.....Chheeerz n never give up / Silent."
Name: Silent
Email: Silent_beat@hotmail.com
City, Country: London
Post your ISSB Experience here



"salam to everyone. . . . here i wnt to tell about some important tips about the issb test. . . .basically here three examinors which are sitting there to check u. . .first PSYCOLOGIST,second GTO,thirdone DEPUTY PRESIDENT. . . .they all are sitting there to recommend you they seek in yourself some spark if u have that then u will be recommended there. . . remember that PSYCOLOGIST vote is only one which your recommendation based,and after your recommendation PSYCOLOGIST has been saved in record foreever and sent to GHQ. . . . just faith in ALLAH and dnt lose your confidence. . . just remain onethink in your mind tht you are the only one will be get selected there. . . i pray 4ur recommendation."
Name: Zahid khan
Email: capt.zahidkhan@hotmail.com
City, Country: karachi pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Salams to everyone, I read all coments of u people but i feel hesigtation yar if u cant pass issb then my b that was ur bad luck but why u r afraiding evaeryone by telling that it is difficult yar its so simple just do my 6things u will b recomendd, 1 Respect All 2 Planning Ability 3 Self Confident 4 Patrotism 5 Educated Approach 6 dont take tension just show ur confidence in officers behaviour. & i Gurrantee u all if u all will do this u all will recomend inshaallah, Pray 4 me as well my issb in Airforce will b in End of this month."
Name: Shahid khan
Email: FltLtShahid@hotmail.com
City, Country: karachi pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"ASSALAMOALAIKUM: Gentleman,by the grace of ALLAH and my mom,s prayings I have recently recommended by ISSB malir cant for commison in Pakistan navy cadet term 08-B. In my opinion requirements of ISSB is, the candidate have positive, constructive,patriotic and mature thinking.Self pride,self confidence,plannig ability,educational approach,love to your surroundings,respect to all,respect to armed forces,awareness to your surroundings,courageous,ability to bear the stress,physical endurance,emotions,social relations,will to succed AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO HAVE FAITH ON ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY AND HONESTY TO AMIBITION....think u can do it and u will easily do it... i would like to say that the candidates going for ISSB should offers the namaz 5 times during ISSB..show proper civic sense,listen what they say,see what they are showing and read what they have written... believe ON ALLAH AND TRUST ON YOUR SELF, the success is in your hand and one more thing, dont think that this is the end cause(RIZQ HAR SHAKS APNAY HISSAY KA DUNIYA MEIN LAY KER ATA HAI,YAHAAN NEHIEN TU JAHAN ALLAH CHAHAY GA MILAY GA,MEHNAT SHART HAI)..... THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL..."
Name: muhammad ali qureshi
Email: buttar_1234@hotmail.com
City, Country: karachi pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Dear Potential Candidates, Almost all above have shared their valuable experience of ISSB with us .These tips are definitely a useful package for you because "wise benefit from the experience of others"............. In my capacity as an ex Selector, I can not help giving you some more tips which could take you an extra mile in your ISSB success race. TIPS 1.Arrival day is an important day, reach out in time with all required documents and dresses. picturize yourself well, fill in forms correctly , no wrong info, no cuttings and no blanks.........be prepared to write one of the following: any tragic incident of your life, most interesting event of your life, un forgettable incident of your life etc."
Name: SHAHID KHAN
Email: commando11186@yahoo.com
City, Country: Islamabad, pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"I GOT RECOMMENDED ! JUST BE NATURAL ! "
Name: BILAL
Email: im_charismatic@hotmail.com
City, Country: Multan, pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"Salam to all of my readers I am the ever careless loser from ISSB Kohat,who have following virtues: 1:I leave my group behind. 2:I dislike the mess. (but it was greatfull).*reason below... 3:over confidence 4:Making careless decisions 5:Having crude ideas about gov.pk. 6:wandering about whats going on in interview. 7:Disrespecting my group members. 8:Boss this is too long.Come on to the solution. I think I am a best fighter amd planner for Pak army. The all of my previous loss was due to *acidity in my stomach. So Be aware what is most suitable for certain problem.Be fresh.Be honest. My all best wishes and prayers are for Pak Defence lovers. kisi bhi kharab soorathal mein apne sir ko thanda rkhne ki koshash rukhein. --------*Allah Hafiz*----------"
Name: Zabihullah
Email: Okava77@yahoo.com
City, Country: Sialkot, pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here



"assalam... hmm,i read the experiences of many people those who recommanded or those whowere not.i experience the same almost but i didnt like TWO things first...the washroom were v dirty secondly,MESS cooked only daaaaaaaaaal n TANDAY for us.only last day they gave good luch n dinner.i worked v hard tried to respect everyone,cooperate,help,focused on tasked,interview but....my interview duration was 35 minutes but...NOT RECOMMANDED.i want to know the reason.i didnt GIVE UP.Ill apply again inshALLAH "
Name: tahira bashir
Email: tahira.talented@gmail.com
City, Country: faisalabad, pakistan
Post your ISSB Experience here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Physical

ISSB test